Carrie Ann has more than a few books in her library—more than fifty in fact! New to her worlds and unsure where to start? Or maybe you’ve read her before but want a certain trope or heat level for your evening read? Well, look down below for our guide on where to begin when you want to fall in love with Carrie Ann’s worlds.
The Montgomery Ink World spreads over a few series though each book is a stand alone. You can either start with the prequel to the Montgomery Ink series, Ink Inspired, or start with the first full length book, Delicate Ink.
If you’d rather start with a smaller trilogy in the world, go with either Love Restored, Gallagher Brothers Book 1, Whiskey Secrets, Whiskey and Lies Book 1, or Breaking Without You, Fractured Connections Book 1.
Think of the Montgomery World like a giant tree where the trunk consists of the main Montgomery families (Montgomery Ink, Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs etc…). The branches are my trilogies where they center around a family that marries into the Montgomery clan one way or another. The Gallagher Brothers series is about Jake’s brothers from Ink Enduring while the Whiskey and Lies series is about Tabby’s brothers from Ink Exposed. The Fractured Connections series is about Mace’s family from Fallen Ink.
The Talons occur thirty years after the Redwoods end so you do not have to read one before the other. A few of the now-grown Redwood children do end up mating into the Talons so it’s up to you which one you’d like to start–though the Talons are near and dear to my heart at the moment.
And for those of you looking at the Branded Packs series…that’s a completely separate series I wrote with Alexandra Ivy and is not connected to any of the other Packs.
Most of Carrie Ann’s books are spicy and high heat. Though a few are a little milder than the others.
- If you’d like hot romance that’s more mainstream, try the Montgomery Ink series starting with Harder than Words and Written In Ink. This also includes the Gallagher Brothers series, the Redwood Pack series, the Talon Pack series and Finally Found You.
- If you’d like hot romance that incorporates mild BDSM, try Ink Inspired, Ink Reunited, Delicate Ink, Forever Ink, and Tempting Boundaries that are all part of the Montgomery Ink series.
- If you’d like medium heat level romance, try the Branded Packs series, the Holiday, Montana series, and the Dante’s Circle series.
- And if you’d like read menage m/m/f romance, try Ink Enduring, Ink Reunited, Wolf Betrayed, Fractured Silence and Trinity Bound.
Carrie Ann sometimes needs a book that makes her cry because sometimes only weeping will do.
- Try Ink Exposed where a recovering alcoholic gets his 1-year chip and a chance at falling in love. Getting a second chance doesn’t come often in life and Alex learns the hard way that sometimes you have to forgive yourself before you can ask for forgiveness from others.
- Hidden Ink is about a breast cancer survivor who is finally ready to take a chance with the one man she loves–a man suffering through PTSD.
- In Hope Restored, Murphy finds out that the treatments for the illness he fought off as a child has consequences and before he can fight for his life, he must fight for his future.
- With Fighting Fate, the end of the war is near, but first, sacrifice must be made.
Carrie Ann loves visiting old characters to see how they’re doing. She’s written a few novellas that go After the HEA so you can see key events that you might miss otherwise. These include books like: Blurred Expectations, Ink Ever After, Flame and Ink, and Forgiveness.
In the mood for a growly Alpha Hero? Carrie Ann knows how to deliver!
- Meet Jake and Border in Ink Enduring. Two dominant men for one woman? Perfection mixed with angst.
- Graham from Love Restored is not only a growly alpha, he’s a broken one in need of some relief.
- How about a dragon shifter and a bear shifter? Talk about alpha! Tangled Innocence is the perfect menage with the best tagline: A dragon, a bear, and a virgin walk into a bar…no really.
Each book in the Montgomery Ink world is a stand alone romance. In fact, every contemporary novel and novella I’ve ever written, save one, Finally Found You, is set in the same world where the Montgomerys exist. It’s a fun way for readers to hop along the series and see familiar faces. And it’s a great way for new readers to start wherever they’d like, even four series into the world, and work their way around.
You can find the full reading order for all of the books out and upcoming HERE.
The Montgomery Ink World so far encompasses FIVE series, so far, though each book is a stand alone. Below you can see where the trilogies in the world branch off from the main Montgomery Ink family novels.